Currently reading:
Grout Pens.....too easy to be true?

Discuss Grout Pens.....too easy to be true? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

danny_bhoy

Hi all,

I've got a real rookie question and I think I know the answer but here goes.

I'm dealing with a small area of tiles on a kitchen splashback where the grout has been dicoloured. Rather than scrape the lot out and re-grout, is the use of a grout pen acceptable to refresh the grout? I've never used one before but I saw a couple by Unibond and Ronseal in the local hardware store and thought it was too easy to be true.

Are they any good or is it just a scam to lure in the lazy amongst us? :smilewinkgrin:

Thanks for any advice.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Everbuild Forever White Grout Reviver 200ml FWREVIVE

I used this recently and can confirm its amazing stuff, a bathroom I did a year ago needed the grout looking at as it mysteriously went dark yellow (never got a reasonable expanation from the manufacturer or the internet why it did it) after only about 6 months.

What you do is you apply with a finger and leave it for an hour (NOT the 3 or 4 it says on the tube!) and then with a damp cloth wipe away the dried access from around the grout joint.

This is not a bleaching agent or anything its some kind of coating, I'll see how it goes, so far no complaints from customer and the thought of grinding out the whole lot and starting again was unbearable.

This is different stuff from the grout pens which themselves are basically white paint.

Its a mornings work to do a full bathroom with floor to ceiling tiled.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grout Pens.....too easy to be true? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.