Discuss Grout residue/film over black porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

amit

Hi,

I just had a my bathroom floor tiled recently with fairly expensive black porcelain tiles (Lyra Nero Black - from Elite Tiles in Hendon, London).

However, the tiler seems to have done an horrible job. The tiles now look a bit grey instead of black which appears due to the grout residue on the tiles. The minute they are wet the colour looks closer to when purchased. The tiles seem to be unpolished porcelain with microscopic pores (they do have a slight shine though). I have been using the bathroom for over two weeks now and being in a hardwater area can also see limescale settling on the tiles. Could someone please give me advice on:

1) How to remove the grout film make the tiles look new!

2) Do i need to seal the tiles, if yes what is a suitable product?

3) Is this a DIY job or would need to get in a professional tiler (I dont want to call the tiler whi finihed the job cause he has alreadyy mesed up and i dont want him back)

4) Roughly how much should look at paying a professional tiler for cleaning / sealing? Roughly 3-3.5 sq metres floor are only.

5) best way to maintain the floor in the future (considering hardwater area and a toddler around).

6) Is any local tiler in the area interested?

Many Thanks,
Amit.

Reply to Grout residue/film over black porcelain tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Need to choose a grout for the above. For the black floor tiles 300x600 am thinking either...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Grout residue/film over black porcelain tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.