UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Grout under shower unit? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gherkinboy

Afternoon!

The job I have on the go at the moment is doing a mates bathroom. Because I am working in my spare time (weekends mainly) so I tiled the room completely and then left it to go off over the space of a week because I could not come back to grout until the weekend after (not ideal I know but they didn't seem bothered about leaving it that long!).

However, in this week they had their electric shower unit installed and fitted to the wall (I was not aware this was happening!). So now I am a the situation whereby I can't get behind the shower to grout the tiles without unplumbing the shower unit and taking it off the wall.

So my question to the experts is... What would you do in this situation? How difficult is it to remove these things and replace them? I'm very wary of doing anything with the plumbing as I have zero experience and a lot of damage can be done!

Any help much appreciated!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grout under shower unit? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.