UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Put a cup of water in a very clean bucket, and mix in the powder slowley. Keep beating it up like you would an egg and make sure if anything while you're mixing it, it seems too dry (all of a sudden grout usually just seems to go to a paste when 3 seconds ago it looked like it needed more water). You can always add more so never go to heavy on either grout or water.

What you want to end up with is a mixture that would not fall off a spoon if you held it upside down, but it is soft enough for you to push into grout joints.

Only with certain coloured grouts have I ever bothered to weigh it out. And that's only because the colour can change slightly if you have two mixes with totally different consistances.

What colour is it by the way? And is it for walls or floors?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.