Discuss Grouted tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rj1884

Hello all. Just a quick one. I spoke to a guy yesterday who told me he grouted over some of his cross shaped floor spacers which he laid down in the joint between 4 tiles. The spacer has since reappeared on the joint but due to the grout having set he can't remove it. I told him he'll have to remove the grout then remove the spacer and re grout the joint. Is this the correct advice or is there an easier method. Many thanks

Somerset
On building sites leaving spacers in joint is often done to increase tiling speed. But then many don't wash out buckets after use cos its costs less to replace the bucket than the value of the tiling time lost cleaning it. Personally I don't like that - it often results in an impression of spacer showing through the finished grout joint. And I am so tight-fisted that I want to re-use my spacers for as long as possible to save spending on spacers. Although I don't often use spacers for floors - its quickest to space by eye and stop everyone getting on the surface until its set.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Grouted tile spacers in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
I was hoping for some advice. I have large white tiles in my kitchen who a friend laid. I was...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB