Discuss grouting polished black granite floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jason

May depend on the type of grout your using but I've fitted polished black granite twice before now and neither jobs required or would have benifitted from sealing before or after grouting. There are some far more experienced tilers on this forum which may have more or better advice but I still stand by what I've said from experience since both those jobs were in my own house and my bathroom floor is fine 5 years later.

D

Deleted member 1779

Belts and Braces.

My neighbour opposite just laid black tiles. To prevent ANY issues he
1) Cleaned the delivery wax off the tiles with a cleaning solvent.
2) Sealed the tiles individually by wiping the sealer over with a cloth.
3) Sealed the edges of all tiles.
4) Grouted the tiles and wiped off the excess.
5) Sealed the entire top layer with sealer.

Time consuming - yes.
Belts and Braces - maybe.
Grout stains on tiles - no.

The cost of the liquids added about £70 to the job.
The time added about an hour per stage to the job.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to grouting polished black granite floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We employed a tiler to lay some rectified wood effect planks in a herringbone pattern…...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB