UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss grouting problem with embossed tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

john burley

I am in the process of tiling a bathroom with large tiles 750 x 250 and found that I cannot grout them by conventional methods as they have a rippled surface, grout will not go to the bottom of the groove as I cannot use a squeegee ? it dries with holes etc.
I have enentually found a way using sealant from an applicator. The nozzle was filed down to a chisel shape to extend to the bottom of a 4mm tile groove, appication is easy and after setting, the joint looks good. however, are there drawbacks by using a sealant ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to grouting problem with embossed tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I have just ripped out my old bathroom and refitted it with new beige porcelain tiles. I grouted...
Replies
Views
Dazzer
D
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all, I’m new to this forum and hope someone can help me. I’m generally trying to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.