Wall and Floor Tiling Standards BS 5385 Part 1 and 2 Bristish Standards, ISO Tile Fixing Standard.

Welcome to TilersForums.com, the place to discuss all tiling standards whether British Standards in Wall and Floor Tiling, BS5385, or ISO European Standards for Tile Fixing.

Tiling Standards

Wall and Floor Tiling Standards for the UK: British Standards in Tiling.

Discuss Guess The Weight Competition in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

35no 600mm x 600mm x 10mm matt and gloss porcelain tiles(All mixed up)
Delivered by some adhoc delivery van driving friend of the tile shop
Whatever it weighs I wouldn't want it sitting on my toes

Corchester 023.JPG

O

On one

= Very heavy........
From the garage,50yds down a flight of garden steps,to the ground floor
In the back door(tradesmens entrance for you me son)
Up a narrow flight of stairs (with a wind in it) to the landing on the 1st floor,
Up another flight of stairs(with another wind in it) to the 2nd floor bathroom
Whilst not damaging the oak staircase newel posts/handrail or the painted walls or ending up head over heels on the trip hazard dust sheets.:coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

I

Italy

= Very heavy........
From the garage,50yds down a flight of garden steps,to the ground floor
In the back door(tradesmens entrance for you me son)
Up a narrow flight of stairs (with a wind in it) to the landing on the 1st floor,
Up another flight of stairs(with another wind in it) to the 2nd floor bathroom
Whilst not damaging the oak staircase newel posts/handrail or the painted walls or ending up head over heels on the trip hazard dust sheets.:coldsweat::coldsweat::coldsweat:

ahahah
then I wonder why some go to the gym.
this is the gym :)

O

On one

The picture has just reminded me of a similar instance a few years ago.........a pile of 400x400 travertine tiles in a prospective customers garage.....not as big mind you,but not clever either.
(PS I didn't get the job because the customer wouldn't pay for the correct prep,overboarding and Ditra of the kitchen floor............I heard on the grapevine that it ended up cracking!)

W

White Room

The picture has just reminded me of a similar instance a few years ago.........a pile of 400x400 travertine tiles in a prospective customers garage.....not as big mind you,but not clever either.
(PS I didn't get the job because the customer wouldn't pay for the correct prep,overboarding and Ditra of the kitchen floor............I heard on the grapevine that it ended up cracking!)

Don't you just hate that:rolleyes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Guess The Weight Competition in the Tiling Standards area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Hi everyone, I am new here so I hope this is the right place to post this. I have been...
Replies
Views
missy12
M
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
W
Hello to all you Pro's, I've got a job on which is Porcelain tiles 300mm x 600mm x 10mm...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone, I'm sitting here at my computer AGAIN, with nothing more to do than think about...
Replies
Views
brundlefly
B

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB