Discuss Gyvlon Screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Looked at a job yesterday,
They have pumped in a Gyvlon screed over wet UFH.

I have read a lot about these screeds but just want to run over a few things.

Tiling won't be starting till August/September or if the screed drys out quicker.

Heating is getting commissioned in just over a weeks time, screed was laid 5 days ago.
They want to force dry the screed to reduce laying time for tiling. 80mm screed.
Is it just normal procedure with heating turned on low, 15degrees, then turned up in increments over the next few days?

To remove Laitence, what is best way to go about this, floor scraper?

To sand the screed, what is the best way again, Belt sander? Orbital? Or a sanding pole with pads?

What is the most suitable adhesive & primer to use? Needs to be stocked in CTD or can be ordered in through them or suppose direct to me.

Also upstairs they are fitting Brio 23 over wet UFH.

Can this be tiled directly or does it have to be over boarded?

Thanks..

D

DHTiling

Looked at a job yesterday,
They have pumped in a Gyvlon screed over wet UFH.

I have read a lot about these screeds but just want to run over a few things.

Tiling won't be starting till August/September or if the screed drys out quicker.

Heating is getting commissioned in just over a weeks time, screed was laid 5 days ago.
They want to force dry the screed to reduce laying time for tiling. 80mm screed.
Is it just normal procedure with heating turned on low, 15degrees, then turned up in increments over the next few days?

To remove Laitence, what is best way to go about this, floor scraper?

To sand the screed, what is the best way again, Belt sander? Orbital? Or a sanding pole with pads?

What is the most suitable adhesive & primer to use? Needs to be stocked in CTD or can be ordered in through them or suppose direct to me.

Also upstairs they are fitting Brio 23 over wet UFH.

Can this be tiled directly or does it have to be over boarded?

Thanks..

All the info you need is in these PDF's ...

View attachment Gyvlon screeds 1.pdf

View attachment gyvlon screeds 2.pdf

I use a Belt driven floor sander to remove surface contamination etc .

As for primer etc .. then at CTD i use Weber PR360 and then Weber SPF adhesive to stick down anti-crack mat .. as IMO i like to uncouple heated screeds..

As for the Brio23 .. ? .. not heard of that..

M

Mark S

Stef,
just seen your post.
If there is laitence on the surface, (depends on where the Gyvlon was produced) it would be easier to sand the screed now!
Use an orbital STR type with 60-70 grit paper. This should remove any surface laitence and open the screed surface which also helps with the drying.
If the heating is being commissioned in a couple of days, then take check the floor temperaure, and raise set the ufh water to that temperatue. Raise the water 4-5 degrees per day until optimum temperature is reached. If the UFH is being used especially to assist in the drying you should still have a smuch natural ventilation as possible, doors, windows open to get the damp air out of the building.
Once the screed is dry, 75%RH, I would recommend a gypsum compatible adhesive to remove any worries over priming, use Gypfix, or Kerakoll I believe Tile master are about to alunch one.
Any questions pm me and I'll give you a call.

Look what's just popped into my inbox......

Anhyfix-ad.jpg

S

Stef

I have a question Stef.

Why does the adhesive have to come from CTD?

Lee the builder i work for orders through CTD so it just makes it easier,

This is a Bespoke home they are building (Hope Homes) so i suppose i could order the adhesive & bill them for it.

I knew you could use cement based addy with proper priming but i wasnt sure if CTD were stocking any gypsum based adhesives yet.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Gyvlon Screed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Just looked at a conservatory tiling job. Wet UFH system, set into sand and cement...
Replies
Views
Had wet system UFH installed on a concrete subfloor to the whole ground floor ie living room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is my first post on here although in attempting to Google answers to my questions I...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have had a screed (anyhdrite) with wet underfloor heating put down recently. After a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB