Discuss Hard porcelain probs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

justinisaac

Hi all
At the risk of starting another Rubis are great/Rubis are terrible discussion I have a problem that I was hoping to get some feedback on.

I have a TS 60 Plus and up to now it's been fine on most tiles. We've just bought a new place and I've been doing the work myself, bit by bit. A few weeks ago I tiled my en suite using some porcelain tiles and didn't have too many problems. Out of 8 or 9 m2 only one or two didn't cut correctly. Moved onto the family bathroom yesterday, using the same tile, albeit a slightly different shade and it's a nightmare! Not one has cut accurately. After going through one box I stopped and went back to the wet cutter, which of course takes longer and gets me soaking wet too...
The tiles are 500 x 250 porcelain, with a slightly gritty almost riven non-slip surface. They're called, funnily enough, Hard Rocks! The en-suite was done in 'Moon' and the problems are with 'Grey', in case anyone has heard of them...

I was wondering if there's anything that can be done to help? I've tried different techniques with scoring/ double scoring/ scoring from underneath and changed the cutter. It says on the box to use the 8mm wheel for porcelain, should I be looking at a larger one? Or should I be looking at a Sigma? :lol:

Any advice appreciated as always
Cheers
Justin

D

David - Tradetiler

Hi Justin , Andy

On thick tough porcelain I have know it possible to accidentally deform the top fork slightly buy pulling the breaking handle very hard. The geometry of the breaker is effected causing problems snapping even standard ceramics afterwards.

We supply spare top fork or the whole breaker on our web site here (links below)

tradetiler-breaking fork.jpg
Top Fork - http://www.tradetiler.com/rubi-fork-part-for-plus-breaker.html

tradetiler rubi plus breaker.jpg
Breaker - http://www.tradetiler.com/rubi-breaker-unit-ts-plus.html

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hard porcelain probs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
hats67 - Yesterday at 11:48 PM Add bookmark #1 Hello guys. I came upon and registered with...
Replies
Views
Hello guys. I came upon and registered with this forum while doing some research on decoupling...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB