Discuss Hardiebacker Vs Plasterboard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jaydebruyne

Is plasterboard easier to work with than Hardiebacker?

I know Hardiebacker can support more weight for tiles than plasterboard, and can be fixed to walls in a siliar fashion to plasterboard, and Hardiebacker doesn't need priming (and more expensive than plasterboard).

How do you fix accessories/appliances to Hardiebacker? I've been told you need to install extra studs (if fixing to a stud wall) to fix things to. Are there not any fixings for Hardiebacker like there is for plasterboard?

What are you thoughts on this subject?

Any tips/ideas would be grand.

Cheers

S

Stef

9b4a952a1911bfddd074c25edb8a49c3.jpg

No 7..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hardiebacker Vs Plasterboard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Sealing Moisture resistant plasterboard Hi I am new here, I have been reading through many of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm looking to start my bathroom renovation with the intention of tiling the whole...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB