Discuss Has anyone got advice on going self employed? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi I am thinking of starting up my own tiling business, after many years of working as a fully qualified tiler, tiling and fitting bathrooms I want to branch out therefore I wanted to ask for any advice that other self employed tilers may have.

My main concerns are..
Check a trade is it worth it?..How much to charge. Best way to drum up business. How much realistically I could earn per week. What sort of running costs should I expect.

Finally I really appreciate any advice that's out there, whether it's positive or negative in nature..

T

Time's Ran Out

Invest in property and take out a pension.
Then when you get to my age you can choose your work.
That's what my Dad said - wish I'd have listened.
As for you - if you have to ask how to find work your going to struggle. You only go self employed when it's more fruitful than working for someone else.
You should wait till you have enough orders to make that change.
Use the search buttton to link other history replies .

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
When I started I just took pictures of my jobs and once I had a little portfolio I went and introduce my self to the local kitchen and bathroom shops even sent some emails to local builders and plumbers and built-up from there be reliable,polite clean and tidy and my favourite be prepared to work 12 or 14 hour days if u have to to get the job done I've just got in know from being out the house at 5:45 this morning that's nearly 15 hours and I love it haha

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Has anyone got advice on going self employed? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone Im looking for some advice. I currently work for my uncles business tiling for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really sorry to bore Many of you. I didn't want to hijack another post. I'm 42 good...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I please ask for help from an expert? After discovering a leak & some cracked tiles...
Replies
Views
Komalaa
K
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB