Discuss Having a break in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

Just wanted to share this pic of the lad in Afghanistan having a quick break with our national drink. He's due back next week for 10 days and then back to Afghanistan for another two months to see out his tour. There's a few people will be glad when that happens.

Ross IrnBru.jpg

S

SandyFloor

He's turning into a quite remarkable young man considering what he was like not long ago, Doug. Three years ago as a sixteen year old he was a serious worry in that he was hanging with a bad crowd, had a bad attitude and had hardly done any exercise in his life. Since joining up he's become a fitness fanatic and has been breaking army records in distance running (surprising as he's 6'-6"). He now has the opportunity to go into their physical training programme with a view to high level competition.

This is his first tour and he's up for promotion already due to his quick action in treating one of his comrades who sadly stood on a mine and lost his leg. If anyone told me back then he'd turn out the way he has I'd have thought them crazy. My opinion is he needed to be part of the gang and he's found his way into the best gang there is. We're all curious to see how he's grown up as he's seen a few horrendous injuries.

Reply to Having a break in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, sorry for the clunky thread title... Just over a year ago we had a side...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Having a break
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.