Discuss HBB and collated screws in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I think I may opt for an impact body, makita, I think they may go in a bit better.

I piloted the last small floor I did to see if it made a difference in time...I dont think it did.

Thats good going john. bet the knees are nice today !

Wasting your time piloting Cam IMO, got about 10m of tiles down today, all the cuts and curves out of the way. It's my wrists and arms that were giving me grief and still are :cuss:

O

On one

Does anyone use a collated screw gun for putting down HBB?

Got 25 boards to put down soon for 15mm marble. not looking forward to 900 screws !!!
If you have already got an collated gun it is definitely the way to go. Not all of the screws will go in flush first time every time, so you will still need a driver of some sort. Last batch I got were 25mm from screwfix went into chipboard fine.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
My auto feed makita driver is a few years old now, and unless they have changed the collated screws......struggled to counter sink every screw. Ok, mine was a 12v version.

I changed to a makita impact driver......and (I don't know how) I ended up with 3. :mad2:
I would say, as has been mentioned, get a bloody good driver bit holder, preferably magnetic......or Your'll stab ya finger tips to death.

Autofed is another tool sitting in my garage. Bloody brilliant for plasterboard screws.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to HBB and collated screws in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB