UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

I've got a boost facility on my boiler. I can boost it for 1, 2 or 3 hours at a time without having to have the heating timer set at all. So I've been boosting it a couple of hours a day just so the rooms stay at a nice 18C. I will be however using my little electric heater to heat only the rooms I'm in rather than the whole house. Will try to get to the end of October without having to put the heating on timed.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Got ours on only for half an hour in the morning/afternoon, but today we had to have it on a bit longer. We live in a 1920’s detached house made up of solid (single) bricked walls and crittall windows. When the boiler goes off the heat in the house instantly goes out the walls & windows. It’s absolutely freezing.

We live in a conservation area so to replace the windows for similar would cost an absolute fortune.

I’m currently looking at secondary glazing and also looking at this 4mm acrylic plastic glass (sold in Screwfix). I don’t have any work lined up for next week so next week I might become a window fitter !!

Oh, whilst on the subject of insulation. Our chimney stacks are soaking up water when it rains. I got onto the roof last weekend and managed to wrap some Homelux tanking around part of the chimney. It was quite a scary task. Luckily I could hold onto the sky dish for safety!!

U

user123

Mexico-RivieraMaya.jpg there you go :)

Reply to Heating in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I purchased porcelain floor tiles 900×900mm while setting out the tiler and noticed a slight...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Heating
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.