Discuss Heavy... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Al@Lifetiles

TF
Arms
Ladies and Gents, your thoughts please.
Tiling a 5 bathroom house at the moment with 4 baths completed and only the master to finish.
Builder is a stand-up bloke and the whole job has gone well with no problems.
However, the feature wall for the master has turned up and i was shocked to say the least.
100cmx50cm "split-face" stone which is 30mm thick! Heres the problem i have flat out refused to fix these to the wall (2.7mx2.4m half Wedi ((wet area)) half skimmed plasterboard!!) The wall has been completely tanked.
I reckon this stone must weigh in the region of 70kg per m2? and can not imagine this not failing.
Structural engineer comes out and does a survey saying these are absolutely fine to stick to the wall. No mention of mechanically tying or anything.
I feel very uneasy about this and even with a disclaimer saying i accept absolutely no responsibility for damage or injury due to failure i think i may refuse.
What do you reckon?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Heavy... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
C
Good Evening Ladies & Gents! Hope your all well and won’t mind me picking your brains, I’ll...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Al@Lifetiles

Arms
TF
Thread Information

Title
Heavy...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.