Discuss Hello all .....I would appreciate some help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

EYEAHMED

Hello all

many thanks for reading my post. I recently had my gas central heating and bathroom fitted. all seemed to be well until the bath started to creak. the contractor advised that it was normal for a acrylic bath to creak unfortunately it got worse and i phoned the bath manufacturer who advised that the bath had not been installed correctly. the plumber came out and agreed to take off the tiled bath panel. Whilst taking it off he cracked the arcylic bath. after getting over that we then incidently discovered water under the bath. I seems that they didnt seal the bath and the water is pouring in from the side of the bath. In addition i thought that they were suppossed to build a wooden frame around the bath which it sits in. this wasnt done and now their purposing that they will take all the silicone seal off. fill the bath with water and then re-seal it.

with regards to the creakking in the bath they have rectified this by tightening the leg which the bath sits on. it seems to have done the trick. they also plan to now place a removable panel which will be tiled and then fixed with 4 screws.

i would accept what they have said but I am really worried as on saturday one of the push fittings came off the main inlet pipe coming from the mains water and going to the central heating boiler. As a result 2 of the flats below me were flooded. they have agreed to get their own company insurance to sort out the damage to the properties below. they have admitted the fault claiming that the push fitting was fitted to an old stainless steel pipe and it should only be used on hep pipping on copper. I asked them to hard pipe it and replace the push fittings but they have refused claming that the push fittings are just as good. I am not sure if i believe them but i can't afford to get another plumber in to do it.

I would be grateful for any advice as to what I should do and what they have said sounds correct. I live on a top floor flat and feel dreadful that my flat flooded theirs. i would be grateful for any help and would like to thank everyone in advance.

issac

E

EYEAHMED

thanks for the postings so far. i will try and post on the plumbing forum but in my long email i forgot to ask whether anyone could advise what to do with the bath panel situation. i want it to be tiled but would like it to be easily removable. the plumbers have advised that they will cut plywood to size and then give this to the tiler to tile. he will then fit the board with screws using screw caps so that it can be removed. does this sound correct? would you use plywood or plasterboard or are there specific access panels that can be tiled onto?

thanks once again

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello all .....I would appreciate some help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
My tiled bathroom floor is new but I have moisture seemingly seeping up through the grouting in...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views
hi, i've tiled my bathroom and now nervous about grouting it. is there a type of grout that's...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I finally have some walls and levels to work off for setting out. Here's the wall I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hello all .....I would appreciate some help please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.