Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Hello from Supercoley1 new member in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Supercoley1

Hello

Been browsing for a few weeks due to a new project (bathroom) and have found the site quite useful so I thought I would register and share the 'experience' with you.

I'm Andy from Lincoln UK and live in a 1940s council house (social housing) which is rented from the council and not bought by me. Slap on the wrist for major DIY :)

I am not a tiler by any means but I do get carried away with DIY. In most cases the 'project' suceeds and some even excels so I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

AC

S

Supercoley1

Just a thought. I will start a thread on the bathroom in the next few days but.....

......The floor consists of the original floorboards and has been overboarded with 6mm ply (I think it is 6mm, will have to measure it ;) ) I have already lifted the ply up and then screwed down any loose floorboards. They are now as firm as with no movement at all nor creaking :)

I then put the 6mm ply back down and screwed it down properly....every 20mm making sure to go through the floorboards and into the joists. Again like the floorboards it now feels like a solid concrete floor were it not for the 'hollow' sound :lol:

The room is about 10ft x 10ft. As there will be no freestanding shower (just a bath with shower above it) does it need tanking? and do I need to seal the joints where the ply meets?

The plan is to put large 600 x 600 floor tiles down (Ceramic I think) and then tile the walls with 150 x 150.

Regards and thanks for the welcome.

AC

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Supercoley1

I forgot to say :) This is a real budget effort to the point that you guys would say it is almost free :lol:

Budget for the whole job will be under £200. That includes all the wall tiles (cheapy ones) and the floor tiles (on offer at B&Q)

Don't know what to do if I need more spend for the prep :(

I had laminate over the ply for the last 2 years and no water staining on it. I'll go measure it now :)

AC

S

Supercoley1

hi :welcome:to the forum, i like your avitar mate:thumbsup:

It's a Java Fern (Aquatic plant) that I use as my website logo. This version has been 'swirled' in irfanview :thumbsup:

The original version looks like this:

fernwaterc.jpg

AC

Reply to Hello from Supercoley1 new member in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
J
Hello I am purchasing a new house and have joined here to pick up some inspiration and tips on...
Replies
Views
V
Hello all. I'm Dan, a carpenter from Buckinghamshire. Recently bought my first house and he...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I have been cruising this forum for a few weeks now looking for and finding loads of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hello from Supercoley1 new member
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.