Discuss Hello ... I'd like to get on with my tiling but the WC keeps leaking :( in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JOhnSurrey

Hello and thanks for help - especially 3 way mitre tips - very nice

Anyway, I have a back to the wall WC that will not sit tight ... when it's used I think either:
a) the wc rocks slightly or
b) the power of the flush moves the flange or
c) ... something else ???

Afterwards, a small trickle of water starts to run down out the back of the flange, down the bend and under the front of the wc...

I'm now intending to bed the pan on silicone and use two big screws to hold it in place... the problem is the back of the toilet is not supported so ... it's a weak solution and so far it has not worked...

I'm wondering if the wc spigot is rubbish - it's a little bit oval as opposed to circular :( and whether this may be causing the flange to be so temperamental

Any input would be greatly appreciated ... I am past the :mad2: stage ...

J

JOhnSurrey

Should I admit this?

Hmmm...

I've lost count of number of days I've spent pulling my hair out on this back to wall pan - So when I checked it again this morning for leaks I decided enough was enough. I might just as well accept that I paid £60 for it (with seat) and it's rubbish :thumbsdown:

However following the morning inspection as I was putting the pan back in, I really struggled to get the new connector back on ... fortunately there was a small piece of wood nearby and I discovered I could use this "tool" to get more purchase on the connector... and that might be all it needed as it's now been leak free for about 10 hours :thumbsup:

I'll check again in the morning - but when that new connector went on today it felt like ... hmmm it had gone all the way in so to speak :drool5:

Funnily enough, I must have read 100 posts about how to fit back to wall pans but none of them mentioned using a stick to push the connector up the pan spigot ... I guess that's either a trade secret or just so obvious no one bothers to mention it!

Did someone say pictures ?

Attachments

• 04 Arial Shot of small leak coming from new pan connector - good view of new shims.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 03 Close up view of the new pan connector - full frontal.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 38
  • 01 The site and soil pipe.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 02 Test rig for pan connector - dodgy.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Hello ... I'd like to get on with my tiling but the WC keeps leaking :( in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
L
Hello there. We've just bought our first home and having moved in last week, we are about to...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
N
Hello everyone, I'd really appreciate some advice. I did some tiling in our upstairs bathroom...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
J
Hello. My first post. After having good search, these tiling forums are the best I have come...
Replies
Views
I
D
One important part of a bathroom is the WC, loo, toilet, bidet or glazed ceramic pan. How do I...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hello ... I'd like to get on with my tiling but the WC keeps leaking :(
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.