Discuss Hello. New tiler here saying hi from Leeds in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

MightyDrew

Hello.

I joined this site a few months ago whilst looking for some info on a tiling course but now its time to finally say hello...HELLO!

After a lot of research I found an OK-ish course nearby which I recently completed. Then I trawled through almost every thread in the 93 pages(!!) of the tiling tools forum and I have a pretty good idea of what tools I need to get started. My first purchase was a Rubi TX-700 cutter which I hope is a good choice. The rest I will be buying from TradeTiler and ScrewFix over the next few days. I will make sure I get pics of it all arriving as I know you guys like that lol.

I have a few questions that I hope you can help me with...

Will TradeTiler do some kind of discount for me if I ring up and say I want to spend quite a lot in one order and I'm a new customer? (I've got a card from ScrewFix that says they will do 10% off my 1st order over £50 as I'm a new customer)

My first job I have lined up is a bathroom in a care home so the floor tiles need to be anti-slip. They can't be just 'rough' textured, they need to have raised dimples (I'm sure that's not the right word lol) but I am struggling to find anywhere that sells a good range of these. Any recommendations?

When cutting such a tile, would I need to score/cut it on the back? And will the Rubi TX-700 cope OK with those tiles?

I will also appreciate any other relevant advice you might want to give to a new tiler :thumbsup:

Also, if any of you tilers need a helper in the Leeds area, get in touch. I will gladly work for next to nothing to get some much needed experience.

Thanks, Andy

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello. New tiler here saying hi from Leeds in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning, i took voluntary redundancy that kicks in at the end of September. I did a home...
Replies
Views
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB