Discuss hello people in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

karlm98

hello my name is Karl live n work in the wigan bolton area, started tiling in Los Angeles in 91 learned the ropes from a couple of tilers who came from the northwest of england (one of em was a pub mate back in the early 80s)..its a long story anyways i spent a few years out there doing a bit in a few states, came back in 02..tiled my socks off went back 09 did a bunch of high end work..floating shower pans floors etc loads of slate and porcelain on the 45(ouch) tons of subway tile, shower niches basically all the stuff we dont do here and with tiles we haven't seen in decades..bullnosed etc came back 15 months later...not enough work and money runs out fast!
I do have a bit of knowledge on most tiling techs and i am a total tool freak, i'll try anything if it makes the job easier and look better...most of the "new"stuff is rubbish..the best stuff i have found are the karl dahm silicone tools and a drill bit to mix dry pack deck mud...haha look it up on you tube.
well if i can help feel free to drop me a line and if i need help i will be asking..

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
K

karlm98

:welcome:Karl - hope you enjoy it back here.

Cheers John i am quite happy being back, got fed up of being hot n sweaty all the time and also got fed up of dealing with high strung contractors, architects n project managers and flying by the seat of my pants doing work i forgot how to do..and sweating over stuff i hadn't done before(now i can do it.lol) brought a few ideas back with me and i hope to use em cos no one else will be doing.

big plus i dont have to get up at the crack of dawn to watch footie and i can go to the pub for a quality pint of bitter.

Reply to hello people in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a homeowner living in the Metro Vancouver area in British Columbia. I am currently...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
hello people
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.