Discuss Hello this is me... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chris Alderton

Hi everyone,
Being farily new to this forum with only a few posts, i thought it would be good to introduce myself. Having quit the ratrace that was a job in sales on the road last year, i stumbled into the world of professional tiling.

I have always been a practical guy and wanted to learn a trade but did not really want to pursue the plumbing industry as so many people are doing it already. Initially i helped out a mate that needed a hand, but since then it has gone on and on. I have been learning more and more with each job. Fortunately the majority of my initial jobs were all similar in style (new build flats), so this was a great platform to get to grips with the transition from a DIYer to a Professional.
I am now progressing onto to lots of different tiles types and layouts. Still lots to learn, but i am loving working for myself and wish i had taken this up years ago.
I firstly bought a small cutter, then quickly progressed onto a Rubi TS60, but have now upgraded to a TX700n and Star 60. I just love the TX, it looks really impressive when you walk on site and works brilliantly.
I don't want to run before i can walk, but have gone international already (well, tiled a friends cloakroom in Geneva)
I must say that i find Tilers much more approachable that a number of other tradesmen that i have come across, you all seem to be a friendly bunch.
I am sure that i will be making many posts on here in the future seeking advice and sharing my experiences as i learn.
Ciao for now.
Chris

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello this is me... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello everyone, My names Fraser I have been in the motor trade for 17 years, after falling out...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, My tiler has just left and apart from him chatting to me about his life story for majority...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hello this is me...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.