Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Hello in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SHIRLEYBALL

Hello to everyone, looks like an interesting site. I came across it whilst looking for information to help me with my bathroom which has been done up by an insurance company and some parts not too good. For example, some corners and a 'column' edge don't look good because the edges of the tiles have not been well cut. Too late to have them recut and relayed so I was wondering if there are some nice modern trimming to stick over or into to hide these raggy bits.

Also, I keep having to ask them to put in the odd floor tile again because some parts are 'loose' - clonk when you step on them. Why does that happen? And why does that white cement 'filler paste' that is supposed to fill up the gaps in-between tiles come loose in my case, like powdery?

Thanks
Shirley

D

Deleted member 9966

No Liz , not if the cheque was sent out to the insured upon completion of the works, sometimes it sent out before

but having said that I would inform the insurers anyway as they have the clout to recover their money quickly and have the work redone

that was going to be my next recommendation. afterall, it would have been the insurers who would have had to approve the quote for the work to be carried out in the first place.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I'd certainly not keep asking them to refix the 'clonky' tiles. You'll find the whole floor will go like that pretty soon if it's been done recently and some are already coming loose.

It does sound like the wrong materials have been used, and if the tiles have been cut incorrectly it suggests somebody (I wouldn't call them a tiler) has done the work substandard and I'd be worried about what other standards haven't been followed on the job.

I too would be on the phone to the insurers AND the so called tiler and explain you want it done to standard at the very least.

Was this a tiler you found on behalf of the insurance firm?

Reply to Hello in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Hello
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.