UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Hello!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kirkster

Hi everyone,
I am hoping to get some good information on this site, my backgrond is I am leaving the Army (infantry) after 24 years and as part of my resettlement am doing a tiling course, I have read some of the posts and i fully understand that Rome wasnt tiled in a day and these courses are not a fast track to becoming a tiler, but you got to start somewhere, I am looking at gaining a bit of experience after my course in the midlands area (i live in Rugby) i will happily travel and am paid til end of febuary by my masters, any advice anybody has, positive or negative will help and any offers of work (unpaid) would be great and i can gain the magical "experience" before deciding what i really want to do when they stop paying me.
Thanks in Advance.

R

Rich

Hello mate and welcome to the forum.

You seem to have your head on your shoulders about it, it is not an easy process. Do your course, do what you can to get a little experience (friends, family and unpaid work) and try to build from there.

You have come to the right place, this site is unbelievable for the amount of info on offer. The more time you spend on here, the more you will get out of it. There are some of the best tilers in the business on here and we all help out as much as we can, so any questions, just ask.

Rich

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Hello!!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
W
After being a member for a few months and reading everyone's threads etc, I thought its best I...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
A
Hi people! I left the Royal Marines 3 years ago and have somehow found myself in a very dull...
Replies
Views
M
Hello everyone! My name is Mike. I am very happy to join this forum today. :smilewinkgrin: I'd...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Hello!!!!!!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.