Discuss Help/advice needed . in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Big pig

Hi , I have a problem with a leaking shower . When i tiled the wall i spot fixed the tiles , the grout i used was about 12 months old and ended up with a very rough finis rather like rusty metal . I suspected that the grout was the cause of the leak . However , i have been told that grout , whilst being water resistant is not waterproof and the waterproofing barrier between tile and wall is the adhesive . So spot fixing the wall tiles has not helped ! And that the water is passing through the grout . Removing the tiles and starting again is not an option . So , my thoughts are to remove the existing grout . Using a suitably fine nozzle , apply waterproof adhesive into the joints , re-grouting over this and then applying some grout sealant . Any help , comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Many thanks.
Piggy.

W

White Room

Thanks to those who have replied with constructive comments , albeit not the solution I was hoping for . A serious rethink is in order it seems . As for a wind up , I can only assume you are repeating what people have said to you after seeing your tiling efforts .

Please refrain from using provocative comments about someones tiling when you can't substantiate those remarks.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
[/B]Please refrain from using provocative comments about someones tiling when you can't substantiate those remarks.

Especially when your own knowledge and skill level are so clearly lacking...my advice on this one is to start again as well. This time get a man in who knows how to tile.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help/advice needed . in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB