UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Help - Elcetric UFH laid without sensor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

HC2005

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but very much hoping you can help with a problem I've got.. We had underfloor heating mat installed by our builder (at the time) earlier in the year but didn't install the thermostat as we were waiting for the new Warmup unit to come out. The mat was laid under a SLC and then tiled over.

Now that we've come to install the thermostat units I've discovered that the builder didn't install the sensor cable or tube ready for it to go into. Having spoken to Warmup I understand that the sensor is absolutely necessary which presents us with our problem.. The whole kitchen and bathrooms are now finished and tiled, after a lengthy extension, so I'm trying to work out what would be the best way to solve this problem without causing too much disruption.

I was wondering whether it may be possible to just create a channel along the grout line and re-grout with a sensor laid in it - obviously not ideal but trying to think of any options that don't involve hacking up the tiles and potentially damaging the mat underneath.

Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated before I resort to hacking up the floor!

Thanks in advance,

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help - Elcetric UFH laid without sensor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I’m in Hampton SW London and have a floor problem. Wunda UFH water heating was installed...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi can anyone help me understand what has happened to this tile? It is porcelain and dropping a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.