Discuss Help!! Floor tiling job gone wrong!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blue_lagune

Hi there. Not sure if I am in the right section but really, really need help. I have hired a builder to lay some tiles for me - porcelain floor tiles in the main and ensuite bathrooms. He completed the job but I am really not happy. None of the tiles are level, the spacing between them is uneven and the cuts around the toilet, sink and everywhere actually, are really bad! I am not sure what to do! I am not sure if the floor could be saved by replacing a few tiles? They are all uneven and I could feel sharp ages when I walk on them barefoot :( Do we have to remove the tiles and redoo completely? i havent payed him for the job yet but have mentioned that i am not happy in an email and over the phone. He said he will come and fix it. However, i have a feeling that this cant be fixed :( I am posting some pics on here - perhaps someone could give me advice on whether this could be rectified?? So gutted.. Every time I walk into the bathroom my heart sinks.. :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 106

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Just to reiterate what has already been said, if you remove 1 tile to rectify and refit then the next tile along has the problem and so on. Looking at the photos the standard is not acceptable and he should be given the opportunity to either rectify it himself or pay a tiler to do the job on his behalf.

B

Blue_lagune

I will post more pic's but the overall impression of the floors in both bathrooms is bad. The tiles are sticking out of the grouting, etc, etc. The builder was recommended by a friend. He assured me that he could do the job and that he was experienced. The more I look and walk on it, the more I think it will have to be replaced. Not sure what his reaction will be though. Because he expects me to pay the full price for the job he has done as it is... Nightmare!!

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I will post more pic's but the overall impression of the floors in both bathrooms is bad. The tiles are sticking out of the grouting, etc, etc. The builder was recommended by a friend. He assured me that he could do the job and that he was experienced. The more I look and walk on it, the more I think it will have to be replaced. Not sure what his reaction will be though. Because he expects me to pay the full price for the job he has done as it is... Nightmare!!

Surely he can't really expect to be paid for that!?

B

Blue_lagune

Here are some more pics of the floors.. I am so angry as was looking forward to nice new floors in my apartment and sourced out nice tiles too. I am not going to pay for the job until he ripped them of and replaced. Although I doubt be will do this.. Will see hat he says when he comes back here. Will keep you posted. Thank you very much for your replies! Really gave me strengths to stand my ground!!

Only managed to upload one more pic due to poor connection on my phone...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 62
B

Blue_lagune

He should be paying you for the inconvenience and trouble as well as putting it right.

it is a long, long way off from something you'd pay for!

It's been a nightmare and still is as I have to walk on it and look at it every day.. I didn't expect anything like this. And was so excited about having beautiful new floors. If he refuses to rip them off we will probably have to do it ourselves. I am not sure how difficult that job is or how much the tiler will charge for this.. One thing is for sure - I could not live the floors like that...

Reply to Help!! Floor tiling job gone wrong!! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB