Discuss Help - is this as bad as I think it is? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Our tiler has just left and I think he has made a mess of the bathroom but I’m not an expert so Can you help....

He hasn’t grouted yet just applied the tiles, but on one wall by the window and then the opposite end by the shower cubical he has used really thin bits of tile - why??

Also the cuts in the window are really rough. See pics....

Is this bad what should I do when he comes back tomorrow. To remove the thin bits would mean re doing the whole wall??

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Looking at it the two thin bits are there because that section is centred. General quality looks fine to me. Can't see an issue with thin bits as long as they're properly glued. Sill tile looks a little chipped but grouting will possibly sort that or as eazytz says remove and cut a new one with a better cutter.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help - is this as bad as I think it is? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB