Discuss Help needed for wetroom plan in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

schoon

-
uk
Hi,
Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a part wetroom. It is the flooring that I need help with.
Currently it has wooden boards with haphazard ply on top. My plan is to:
1. Remove ply.
2. cut a hole for shower tray.
3. cover floor (excluding the hole) with cheap backer boards.
4. Level the floor with waterproof SLC.
5. lay electric UF heating.
5. Fit the tray.
6. Tile it all.
Does this seem like a viable plan? (I am a cheapskate).
Also how do I get the tray to be level with the UF heating? The videos I have seen show the tray support flush with the joists but this doesn't mean the levels (tray and UF heating) will be the same.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What tray have you gone for?

Going from the top down it'll be tile, adhesive, slc over Underfloor Heating wires, tile backer board (not cheap ones you need wedi if you're using them as structure). Wait tanking. You need to yank it, doesn't add a thick layer maybe 1mm.

So work down from that. You will need the wedi or aquapanel screws and tape for the joints I think. Screws for sure. Think you'd tank that then go with the rest.

Speak to www.thewetroomstore.com and www.uheat.co.uk (sister companies) and say TilersForums sent you and you will get a discount.

Reply to Help needed for wetroom plan in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB