Discuss Help needed from the professionals! - Limestone Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

OLF

Hi,
Limestone tile floor installed at the beginning of December 17. The floor wasn't sealed as there was a lot of moisture coming through from the adhesive. Not that it has almost dried my grey white tiles have taken on a very 'orangey' appearance (pictures attached 1&2 orangey tiles and 3 what they should look like). The supplier says 'that is natural stone for you' but hoping someone on here can have something more helpful to add? As it is they are going to have to be ripped up but then I am nervous to lay another natural stone tile in case the same thing happens again. Thanks in advance.

tile 1.jpg Tile 2.jpg Tile 3.jpg

O

OLF

Do you have iron in your water . The tile on the table what has that been exposed to as far as i can tell its not been laid .
What particular limestone is it . This may help some diagnose
Thanks for the response, the tile on the table has been in the same room as the other tiles but not laid. It was put out to compare the colour for a week or so onto of a fixed tile. The tile in picture 3 (the lighter coloured tile) has also been in the same room but standing up. This is the tile - Florence Sandblasted & Brushed Limestone Tiles | MyStoneFloor - https://www.mystonefloor.com/product/florence-sandblasted-brushed-limestone/

B

Bill

Thanks for the response, the tile on the table has been in the same room as the other tiles but not laid. It was put out to compare the colour for a week or so onto of a fixed tile. The tile in picture 3 (the lighter coloured tile) has also been in the same room but standing up. This is the tile - Florence Sandblasted & Brushed Limestone Tiles | MyStoneFloor - https://www.mystonefloor.com/product/florence-sandblasted-brushed-limestone/
To be fair... the limestone in the link provided looks more like the slab in photo #1

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help needed from the professionals! - Limestone Floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We're quoting to rip up and replace a tiled floor with Limestone tiles. I'm looking for advice...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB