Discuss Help needed please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

maxgrout

Hi all,

Sorry if this appears like a double post so I'm re-writing it with a tad more detail in the hope that one of you very kind gents will set me off on the right track for my fist big (ish) tiling job.
So - I'll tiling a bathroom using 150x75 white Metro tiles. My issue is that I don't know how best to set the vertical layout of the tiles around a window that sits above the bath. The vertical measurements are as follows...

Bathtub to window ledge = 610mm
Window recess height = 900mm
Top of window recess to ceiling = 290mm

I wanted to avoid having any cut tiles underneath the window recess and have worked out that I can get eight tiles in (perfectly) between the window ledge and the top of the bath. However this will mean that I will have to cut into a tile at the top of the window, and it will be quite small and certainly less than half a tile.

Option 2 is to shift everything up a bit which will mean a row of cut tiles above the bath, cut tiles around the corners of the window (Top and Bottom) plus a row of cut tiles at the ceiling. I'm not so worried about the horizontal layout (YET) but the vertical layout is giving me grief. Can you guys throw some ideas my way before I set out.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help needed please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hi, great forum, so far has proved very useful but I couldn't find an answer to my specific...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I am trying to plan the layout of tiles for my bathroom. Figured out the horizontal...
Replies
Views
Can I ask advice please; I have MS and the worry is making me ill. The tiles are all chipped...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB