UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss help needed! Window reveal continued... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougalogic

Help please!
I am in the process of tiling a window in the bathroom and decided to pull out all the woodwork
(see http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/56647-tiling-window-reveal.html)
so I could put backer board in. However, I have now pulled out all the wood from the reveal and found the wall is a type of concrete cavity - the window being flush in the external skin. How the hell do I attach backer board when it will only be supported on the side nearest to me?!

D

Dougalogic

stick some DPC down the inside of the wall,next to the window,using sticks like Removed or other good adhesives,and cut some lengths of plasterboard and stick them on the DPC with drywall,making a plasterboard batton to stick your backerboard too with adhesive

never used sticks like REMOVED, how strong an adhesive is it? Can I stick backer board to damp proof course with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dougalogic

a couple of photos attached. may go for the gluing option as don't think my drill will be able to get through the concrete for a wooden batten. any other suggestions welcome!
DSCN5612.jpg DSCN5613.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to help needed! Window reveal continued... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
D
Budget renovation as I just bought the flat. Cavity brick walls, 1 external. Removed old tiles...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.