Discuss Help!! - octagon floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

M

mattmc91

Hi guys!

Wonder if you can help me.

recently bought a house with the other half and we're doing the kitchen and hallway with some white octagon tiles from DTW Ceramics (don't know if I can post link)

need to know what is best adhesive for this and also best way to cut these tiles.

also how do I space these tiles as all spacers are "+" shaped, but theres only a 3 way area between tiles??

think they're ceramic but not sure?

thanks for help in advance

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
Ive laid plenty of floors with this problem and always used Ditra and I have never had one problem after 42 years in the trade I think I know what I am doing

I never said you didn't I'm just saying that Ditra isn't a substitute for an expansion joint. There is also the possibility of deflection across this joint, an expansion joint will help absorb this, Ditra won't.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help!! - octagon floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB