Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Help please..tile voids in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

Kent22

Is it common practice to dot n dab floor tiles and once set pore in self levelling compound or some sort of adhesive through the joint lines after to fill the voids?

I only noticed this when I stood on a tile last night and it broke. They are a porcelain tile.

Today was ment to be completion day and grouting but as a tile broke last night the tiler is saying he will fill the voids...

Am I going to have issues in the future and what should I do.

Thanks

C28CC9B4-6527-4EAD-8753-30727275FDD8.jpeg DEC8763C-A248-439D-8B49-BFCBAA816D35.jpeg

T

Tile Shop

Unfortunatley, yes. There is so little contact with the adhesive that even the slightest of knocks will dislodge or crack them, as you've kinda proved already with your first picture. Sticking leveling compound in as an after thought is not guaranteed to fill up to the back of the tile without air pockets. Its a ludicrous idea and if that is what they have suggested they are going to do, shoot them! Plus, I'd love to know how they intend to do it.

Insist on nothing less than ripping them up and starting again properly.

Reply to Help please..tile voids in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Further to my other post re our hollow tiles issue It looks like our tiler has dot and dabbed...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So I got to a job yesterday downstairs wetroom floor with mains underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond