Discuss Help replacing 2 chipped floor tiles! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

O

Onlinetiler

That's about it really Mazza, just break the tiles in the middle with a hammer or bolster and chop the pieces out from centre outwards. Take your time and be safety conscious - wear goggles because the chips are super sharp.

Make sure you get all of the adhesive residue off the floor before replacing the tiles otherwise the new ones will never sit flat and level, and although it's just 2 tiles they still need to be stuck down properly with decent adhesive otherwise they'll only pop up after a few days. I've seen patch repairs to floors stuck with wall adhesive and even No Nails and needless to say they didn't stay stuck too long.

Good luck

G

Gazzer

As above, usually if the tile cracks when you remove the centre then it will be easy to remove the rest of the tile. But if after you have removed a small patch from the centre and the remaining tile still looks firmly fixed then you are in for a harder time. Dont try and remove too much tile at one time. Its a slow process.
It can be speeded up by using a grinder and diamond wheel to cut 10 - 20mm inside the edge of the offending tile, then the inner part can be removed leaving just the surrounding remains to be carefully removed.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

That's about it really Mazza, just break the tiles in the middle with a hammer or bolster and chop the pieces out from centre outwards. Take your time and be safety conscious - wear goggles because the chips are super sharp.

Make sure you get all of the adhesive residue off the floor before replacing the tiles otherwise the new ones will never sit flat and level, and although it's just 2 tiles they still need to be stuck down properly with decent adhesive otherwise they'll only pop up after a few days. I've seen patch repairs to floors stuck with wall adhesive and even No Nails and needless to say they didn't stay stuck too long.

Good luck

Exactly that, maybe you could do a blog about it, mate. Love your stories btw:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help replacing 2 chipped floor tiles! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB