Discuss Help required in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

I've been asked to price for replacing a few of these tiles, they have spare tiles but will need cleaned up. 2 questions, can anyone recommend a supplier and 2, grout! It's like a resin grout 1-2mm thick... Can anyone shed any light on this type of grout joint. Thanks
image.jpg

L

lizzardtong

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UsxN9jJJiog
Found that as well:
just browsing some old posts and found this one of interest.
As a norm of rule terrazzo should only be grouted with cement.
the epoxy resin is only a quick patch repair and should only be used for a temporary repair. There are a few areas where a site ask for any tiles to be laid and resin filled on the same shift, as to keep a low disruption to there stores.:ban:
When grouting terrazzo these tiles should be flood grouted as to allow the tile and grout become 1 so as the grout will grab the tile and hold in one place.
If you use resin (and trust me i have been on a lot of sites and repaired other tile replacements where sub contractors resin fill). when doing this the resin will not completely fill joints and usually only fill 8mm of a joint (remembering a tile is 23mm thick.) then they will grind off and polish a tile this will generate heat and soften the resin ,once the resin has cooled down the resin will shrink and leave a small hair line crack.
Always cement grout and leave for 4 / 5 days before polishing....

http://www.tilersforums.com/tile-adhesive-grout/9280-does-anyone-know-what-terrazzo-grouted.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help required in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Our tile installer abandoned our new installation project. A smaller section of cut tile...
Replies
Views
Pro help please... i have a large outside area 6msq approximately...ive just had a concrete...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB