UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss HELP! Shower tray prob. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

barlow

Just doing my 1st bathroom and all was going pretty well until today! Slotted the shower tray in place and realised the walls are way out. Prob is if I was smart I would of done that first and sorted the walls out before I did anything, but did I.....no! I've tiled the walls, after tanking them and just can't bring myself (or afford) to rip them down.

I haven't tiled to the tray as I was working off a batten. I've tried rebating tray into wall but am still left with a 20mm gap between both ends of tray and wall. The tray is a 1200x800 offset quad, I could slide into wall a little more to reduce gap but the minimum size for the screen is 1175 and 775 so anymore recess and the screen might not fit......:mad2:

Do you pro's have any ideas on my best plan of action. My 2 thoughts are using a quadrant tile or similar to bridge the gap or look at getting an L shaped seal to fit behind the tile and onto the lip of the tray.

Really grateful for any advice.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
20mm gap both ends after rebating :yikes:!

Don't really know what to suggest if you're not prepared to rip off the tiles.
At least you know now why it's best practice to fit the tray and THEN tile.
Hopefully someone else will come along with a possible solution for you mate.

B

barlow

Before rebating the gap was just under 50mm in places!!

PJC, as you're loooking at the internal corner the tray is slightly rebated in the wall but the side to the right (800mm) starts coming out from the wall after about 500mm evently ended with 20mm gap. The side to the left of the internal corner (1200mm long) starts to come out from the wall at around 700mm again ending with a 20mm gap.

Panicing about how to sort it. Gutted aswell I had plumbers 1st fix so they had the shower tray in place to fit the waste and rebate the hot/cold shower feeds in the wall. Then the plasterer skimmed the walls (which were going to be fully tiled anyway), I'm not looking to blame people as I screwed up the order but a word in a novices ear like mine at that time would of really helped me out!

C

CJ CERAMICS

something like this may help 70-2-genesis-internal-trim-aluminium.jpg a genesis internal aluminium tile trim total width is 19.5mm you will need to make sure that when you fit the shower tray then addy the wall that the tile can sit inside the recess properly though. they also do white plastic bath seal trims
Genesis APS International Ltd - Products - Seals
chris

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to HELP! Shower tray prob. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
HELP! Shower tray prob.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.