Discuss Help, Some tiles are falling off the wall! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Chemlagh

My husband has been tiling our bathroom. It is a new build house. The walls are gypsum plaster coated with acrylic primer (Larsen). The tiles are ceramic 300 x 400 mm and the adhesive is Profix adhesive standard set flexible wall and floor tile adhesive (white). Some of the tiles have started to fall off the wall. They have been on the wall for about 6 weeks and nothing has been grouted yet. Any advice would be helpful. We are using the adhesive as recommended by the shop. What are we doing wrong? How can we sort the problem out?

Thanks

D

DHTiling

It all depends on how much the plasterer polished the surface of the skim coat, this will affect the way the primer can soak in without skinning ... sometimes you have to key the plaster surface before hand...

Also just to say , the 6mm trowel is not a deep enough notch.. as for a resolution, then sand the walls , prime with 2 coats of primer at 4:1 water to primer ratio, that will be sufficient to prevent ettringite..

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help, Some tiles are falling off the wall! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB