Discuss Help - Splitface White Quartz Mosaic Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

I bought a house and had the bathroom re-done (amongst other things!) It's taken 4 months and been extremely meh!

We've finally moved in and 3 showers later discovered that the puddles on the kitchen floor were nothing to do with the cats but linked to the shower!

The builder initially seemed puzzled by the tiles we chose for the shower area - it's this one http://www.rockpanels.co.uk/white-quartzite-split-face-tiles.html. I checked at the time and was told that they could be used for 'wet areas' as long as it was sealed etc.

The builder said he could get his tiler to do it and they appeared to do a good job - it looked great. But I suspect that there's an issue with it which why we've had these leaks.

Does anyone have any advice about what can be done? Is it the tiles or the tiling job?

Any help at all will be really appreciated as I've paid the builder fully and I don't think he'll come back to fix it. :-( There's a few snags and so far he's been ignoring my texts.

Thanks

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Whilst very pretty, practical in wet areas they are not. It is very difficult if not impossible to grout the joints. When fixed they only leave very small gaps to fill with grout. I would never fit them in a wet area, only use as a feature wall in bathroom in a dry area. Do you know if the walls were tanked prior to timing and what adhesive was used? These will have a bearing on the problems you are encountering.

There have been numerous threads with tilers but mainly DIYers with exactly the same problem as yours.

U

Unregistered

A wet area and a shower are not the same thing! Like whitebeam asked, was the shower area tanked ( completely waterproofed before tiling ?)
I have no idea to be honest. I wasn't living in the house and stayed with my sister 150 miles away while the work was being done.

What do you recommend? Or if anyone has any ideas of what can be done, I'd be grateful.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help - Splitface White Quartz Mosaic Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Could I have some help and recommendations on how I should proceed in fixing these issues done...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I am a little stuck as to the best way forward on a job I have been asked to do. I...
Replies
Views
I have discovered a batch of mosaics I got off a job 15 years ago, limestone 10mm x10x 10 in...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, I have white/grey quartz tiles and I'm looking for grey grout. Which one do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB