UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Help - Tiling under a Log burning stove in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PAL

what you tiling onto? The floor needs to be solid with no movement. I would use a flexible rapid setting adhesive either BAL or topps own, if its the tiles i'm thinking of aswell i would back skim them just to help get a nice solid bed:thumbsup:. Grout with a flexi grout, i'd use BAL from topps. :welcome: to the forum.

Tiling onto concrete in fire place and then it protrudes on to the wooden floor boards by 200mm - 250mm (8"-10"). Will this cause a problem with adhesive i.e Will I need 2 types?

Many thanks, Paul

P

PAL

do you mean the concrete is at the same level as the floor boards but you will need to tile onto the floor boards by about 200/250mm? or will the tiles just be on the concrete?

The concrete is approx 2inches below the the floor boards just inside the fireplace, but the tiles I want to lay will sit inside the fireplace by about 350mm and then continue another 250mm across the floor boards. I was going to raise the concrete up to the same level as the floorboards then lay the tiles....... > Any ideas ?

D

davy_G

I tiles my hearth with slate. Used spf and black grout. Sealed up the slate and all is fine.
4203d1250509410-house-renovation-fireplace-before-2.jpg

The origional concrete plinth i tiled was slightly smaller than the tiles
4202d1250509410-house-renovation-fireplace-after-3.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help - Tiling under a Log burning stove in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.