Discuss Help to settle an argument - which first in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

smac74

Hi, the arguments about tiling the floor before the walls, when using the same tile and your lining the joints up ?

The floors about 5sqm, walls 25sqm 60x30cm porcelain. I would normally always lay the floor first in this scenario, as you guarantee matching the joints on both wall and floor. I know if they don't need to line up, walls can go up first and if the rooms small enough you can set lines out.
The boss of the plumbing firm I was doing the job said he'd never come across anyone doing it that way before, personally I was amazed, which way round do other tilers do it ?

Surely it's not that uncommon, is it !

Thanks

steve

O

Old Mod

If you are attempting to joint bond all 4 walls and floor, and assuming the wall and floor joints are going to be the same width, then it may be a case of doing 2 walls then the floor then the other 2 walls.
Nowt worse than seeing the joints not match up by a few millimetres!
totally agree John, that's the way I've always done it. Foolproof method for me. :thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help to settle an argument - which first in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Hope you are all having a fantastic Xmas. To cut a long story short I have installed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB