Discuss Help what adhesive & grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

Ludmilla

Complete Novice, which grout & adhesive would you recommend for 6x6 inch ceramic tiles to be tiled in brick style on good wall which has had tiles previously. I have 20 square meters to do, Topps tiles recommended Bal grip plus and that I should buy 20 ltr, which comes in at £57 (you have to buy over, which my builder asked I do so that is ok), but he didn't specify which grout or adhesive to buy and I can't contact him. Should I buy ready mixed as Bal appears to be or powdered and which grout, any help much appreciated.

Ludmimlla

I

Ian

a 20kg bag of CTF4 is £27 and covers dry wall 8m2 & wet wall 6.6m2, so not sure it is that much cheaper as would need two bags coming in at £54, unless I have misunderstood?

20 litres of grip will only cover 13.2m according to the label so you'll need 30 litres (2x 15 litre tubs which is £89.98 on Topps web site) and a powdered cement based adhesive is a better product.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help what adhesive & grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB