Discuss HELP with badly laid wet room tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

V

vosnack

Hi. I'm new here. I must say at the begining it's tremendouse forum.

Just seen a job with a wet room done 2 years ago. Apparently the slopes are leading water into the bedroom rather than the outlet. Is it possible to remove the tiles and lay new on the old tanking or a new membrane is a must? The customer only wants floor doing so if i add new membrane only on floor can I overlap and seal in wall/floor corners efficiently? He's selling the house so is not bothered longterm, but I am to do the job right otherwise for me it's not worth doing at all. And I think his attitude for easy and quick fix will be the biggest obstacle.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
really depends on what you find under the tiles,do you know what substrtates/materials have been used?

if your customers opinion/attitude is that of he doesnt care as hes selling the house i would walk away,i doubt very much he will let you go deep enough to fix that issue and regardless if he sells it or not its still your name attached to the repair work as you rightly said...steer clear is my opinion

V

vosnack

If it slopes away from the drain then you can more or less gaurantee the substrate will be all wrong aswell as it will have been done by a monkey in a bell boy outfit.

the owner says his plumber done the work and they both did tanking, which he claims does not leak. But thinking about it now he also said they couldn't use it for the last 2 years because of the slope issue

Reply to HELP with badly laid wet room tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
DIY Tiling; Advice for DIY Tilers So long story short, I have just purchased my first house and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi Just after any advice on starting up as a tiler , same old stuck in a dead end boring job...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
HELP with badly laid wet room tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.