UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Help with choosing shower screen please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rachelk

I wondered if anyone could advise on shower screens for wet rooms? I would like to keep to a budget but quality is definitely a consideration. I have two questions really;
  • What thickness/brand of screen would people recommend and
  • What's the best way to fix to the floor and stabilise a return screen?

I'm happy with the tiler that we are using but he has not fitted a screen with a return before. Due to the location of the door this is fairly essential. We require approximately an 800mm screen with a 200mm return. Due to the slope of the floor the far end of the return will be 5mm lower than the corner end.
There seem to be a number on the market at very variable prices. I was originally looking at an 8mm Tc one (best price £231) Arbella Return Glass, 8mm Glass, Height 2000 mm - 800 . I rang Tc who said it is suitable for fixing directly to the floor but the tiler is unconvinced as there are no floor fixings supplied, just a bar at the top.
I've seen this one which is cheaper combined price £185 Premier Wet Room Screen Side Panel 250mm .It states it can be fixed directly to a tiled floor.
There's also this one Wetroom Screen - Balterley BALS82WS Straight Glass Wetroom Screen Piece Bathroom UK Bathroom Store
Then prices go up considerably Beta would cost £700-800 for 8mm and Impey between £500-600 Aqua screen Light Straight shower screens
Impey do a floor foot which would deal with our 5mm drop for the return but I wondered if you can buy a generic 'floor foor' suitable for use with other shower screens?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help with choosing shower screen please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm researching the best method of fixing a 8mm glass shower screen to a wet room floor. Is...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
S
I recently had a downstairs bedroom extension with en-suite built for my elderly parents as they...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.