Discuss Help with Drayton motorised valve heating system Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Help with Drayton motorised valve heating system Discussion ThreadHelp with Drayton motorised valve heating system Electrical Advice

So I've recently moved into a house with gas central heating, before I have only had electric only flats so I'm a bit new to it. During the past cold few days I thought I'd test the central heating to see if there were any issues.

The programmer is a siemens RWB29 and seems to work just fine, I can set the programmes and the two lights light up to indicate they are sending the signal for heating. The problem seems to come from a Drayton motorised Mid-position valve that keeps defaulting to the water only setting for my water tank, even when the programme on the thermostat is set to both heating and water.

There is a button on the side of the wall next to the Drayton valve that when pressed seems to send power to the valve turning it to the correct setting. This worked for a bit, but now when it is pressed it'll change the valve to the right setting and then at some point (maybe 15 minutes) turn itself off and default back to the water only setting.

I have also looked around the house and can't find a room temperature control anywhere, so I don't think this house has one.

I'll include pictures of the valve and the button (which has no writing on it)

Does anyone have any ideas if I am using this wrong? or maybe the valve is not working as intended?

[ElectriciansForums.net] Help with Drayton motorised valve heating system

Help with Drayton motorised valve heating system for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Help with Drayton motorised valve heating system Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Help with Drayton motorised valve heating system Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond