Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Help with grouting and finish! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mazza1978

Hi guys ive recently grouted my bathroom floor using a ready mixed floor tile waterproof unibond grout which i bought from BQ! i spread the grout using my float then wiped off diagonally across tiles with my sponge but the finish now its dried is awful! Its really rough and bumpy! Is this due to the grout having sand in which causes the roughness etc and if so should i re grout and buy a different grout and which one??

Thanks

D

davy_G

As the boys say get one you mix yourself, i wouldnt touch the premixed stuff.

Most floor grouts for wide joints and foot traffic have sand in. Its supposed to be there for durability. Check what width of joint you have, speak to a tile shop not a shed sales person as they will be able to sell you the correct gear. Its easy to mix and with it only being a bathroom floor you can knock it up by hand in a few minutes.

As you grout, take off as much as possible from the tile face, Let the grout dry a bit till it hazes on the tiles then sponge off with a well rung out sponge. Consider buying a washboy for a faster and better finish. It stops you pressing too hard and is alot quicker. Better finish IMO.

Good luck.

Reply to Help with grouting and finish! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help with grouting and finish!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.