Discuss Help with installing Hardiebacker500 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hrgdavid

Hi,

Really appreciate some input here....I'm stuck !

Hardiebacker500 boards have to be fixed "15mm from the edges...of sheets". So, where I am butting sheets, the line of fixings on each sheet will be 30mm apart - plus 3mm for the gap I need to leave between sheets - a total of 33mm (between lines of fixings).

My studwork is supposed to be 4x2 - and in mm comes out at 90x38.

Given the lines of fixings are 33mm apart - and the studs are 38mm wide, there's not only a couple of mm of wood outside each fixing.

Is this right ? Do I have the wrong size studding ?! Or do I need to "double-up the studs ? Or something else ?

Thanks for any help !

Regards,
David L.

J

JedMc

you can pre drill the holes, and if need be angle them, but it will be time consuming aim to go straight in if at all possible, play with your drills torque settings, take it to a really low setting, and click up until the grip is snug enough for a good grip but not to much that it blows the edge away.

I'm basing this on fitting out electrical generator rooms that have to be fireproofed, never heard of the 15mm, but it makes sense in terms of the boards structure, get the right drill torque, and blast away! we used to use a fire retardant glue ( like Gripfill ) not sure about use in a domestic situation? it'd be a bugger to get off in the future if needed.

Good luck

Jed

Reply to Help with installing Hardiebacker500 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. First time poster and tile diy. Thanks in advance for any and all help, tidbits...
Replies
Views
Hi, great forum, so far has proved very useful but I couldn't find an answer to my specific...
Replies
Views
I would very much appreciate the advice of anyone who has fitted Marmox boards as I have decided...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help with installing Hardiebacker500
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.