Discuss Help with pricing using grouting gun in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matthew77

Hi All

Would be grateful of some advice on pricing 7 square meters of 100x100 tumbled travertine. My customer wants to keep the travertine looking rustic so only wants the grout joints grouted and none of the holes filled on fronts of the tiles.
I was thinking of using a grout gun like what they sell at trade tiler to fill the joints but I really can't imagine how long this will take and when I come to sponge off how will I keep any grout from getting in all those holes.
I'm going to use a stone sealer before fixing tiles & then seal fronts again before grouting to reduce the chances of excess grout sticking to the face of the tiles.
Does this sound like the best way to go about this & how much extra time would you guys allow on top for using the grout gun?

Thanks Matt

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
you could grout the tiles first when that drys grout the joints lol reminds me of the customer i had once wanted clear grout wouldn't pay me for two bathrooms 60 mtrs of marble because i couldn't give her clear grout there is no answer just suggest she visits the doctor sooner than later

you should of just not grouted them and told her it was clear grout but you just can't see it :smilewinkgrin:

S

SandyFloor

If you do this don't use the gun. Much better to use the grout bags IMO. I used the gun a couple of times and it has a tendency to fall apart but the bags are no problem at all and cheaper. I did a Fired Earth reclaimed brick floor earlier in the year and grouted it with the bag for the same reasons as you are talking about. It wasn't any problem and I don't think it took much longer than the grout float.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Hi Matthew - It sounds to me like you need to be wary of this one cos it sounds like you might be setting yourself up for a fall. I am not an expert in travertine technology but from the posts others have made it seems to me that to not fill the holes at the front of the tiles could lead to issues later on and customers being what they are that could lead to a claim against your work.

Reply to Help with pricing using grouting gun in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Help with pricing using grouting gun
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.