UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Help with quartz Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sue4d777

Re: Advice needed with laying quartz floor tiles

Hi
I havent worked out how to start a new thread, so please bear with me.

I am having sparkly quartz floor tiles fitted in my new kitchen. as the house build is almost finished I need some advice on the installation of the quartz. The surface has been freshly screeded. can the tiles be laid directly onto the floor as with pocelain tiles with just grout please?? when laid, do they need to be sealed at all?

we are also having travertine fitted on the walls and floor of one bathroom, a tiler will be fitting them. I understand that the grout has to be spread all over the back, rather than just dotted on, but do we need to use anything other than a coat of sealer on them? do they need to be cleaned in any way, and will the grout leave marks on the tiles. the ones we are usinf are Honed and filled

Hope someone can help with these questions.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sue4d777

Thanks for your replies.

The screed has been in for about four weeks and is dry, there is no heating on yet tho. ( The walls are freshly plastered for the travertine!)
The house builder, who is a small building firm, would use their tiler, but they did not know what their usual tiler would need to do, and I thought it best to ask beforehand so that I know no corners are being cut as I am afraid of the tiles being damaged or fitted incorrectly and therefore not lasting as they should!
The tiler does not usually fit stone!!

W

White Room

Thanks for your replies.

The screed has been in for about four weeks and is dry, there is no heating on yet tho. ( The walls are freshly plastered for the travertine!)
The house builder, who is a small building firm, would use their tiler, but they did not know what their usual tiler would need to do, and I thought it best to ask beforehand so that I know no corners are being cut as I am afraid of the tiles being damaged or fitted incorrectly and therefore not lasting as they should!
The tiler does not usually fit stone!!

Are you referring to an under floor heating...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Help with quartz Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.