Discuss Help with Reg 551.7.2 Ina >= In + Ig(s) on 3 Phase Supply Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Help with Reg 551.7.2 Ina >= In + Ig(s) on 3 Phase Supply Discussion ThreadHelp with Reg 551.7.2 Ina >= In + Ig(s) on 3 Phase Supply Electrical Advice

Hello, I'm struggling to understand how to apply Reg 551.7.2 [in particular the formula Ina >= In + Ig(s) ] to the following situation.

I hope the attached image is clear enough, it shows an existing 3 Phase Domestic supply with:
A) CU1 is a single phase consumer unit serving the main house with circuits as shown (uses Line 3 from the 3 Phase supply)
B) CU2 is a 3 Phase consumer unit with circuits as shown which are: (i) a 3 Phase Electric Vehicle charger, (ii) the circuit labelled "spare" takes an SWA feed from Line 3 to a second new property in the back garden. I don't have a photo of the CU (lets call it CU3) in the second smaller property yet, I imagine its another 100A Mains CU.
Note that the 2 Lucy Blocks have a "100 Amp" annotation on them in red text.
I also do not know the spec of the existing 3 Phase EV Charger.

This is the existing setup to which the following will be added: installation of a single phase Solar PV system with battery storage which will be installed in the garage in close proximity to the image shown. A new single phase 63A RCD (bidirectional) Consumer Unit will be added which will serve a a 5kW Hybrid Inverter which will manage both the solar generation and the battery storage.

I think the issue in this case is that in theory according to this Reg, there could be a risk of >100Amps passing through the Lucy blocks.

In order to mitigate this risk I think a solution would be to:

1) Replace the 100A blocks with a higher rating. I have not managed to find a 150 Amp connector block but there are single pole 200A blocks available such as this: https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/1149265-200a-single-pole-connector-block

2) Install a 63A Switch Fuse and redirect the tails for CU1 to come from this to derate the CU1 Mains from 100A down to 63A using for example one of these: https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/1538601-100a-fused-switch-metal-ip40

Does anyone have any views or alternative suggestions?

Now to...

Read more

Help with Reg 551.7.2 Ina >= In + Ig(s) on 3 Phase Supply for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to Help with Reg 551.7.2 Ina >= In + Ig(s) on 3 Phase Supply Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Plazma cutter causing SPD failure?? Discussion ThreadPlazma cutter causing SPD failure...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
Help with Reg 551.7.2 Ina >= In + Ig(s) on 3 Phase Supply Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond